Friday, March 28, 2008

EASTER and Kenyon's Birthday

I don't know how Grandma Roberts does it, but she had a wonderful Easter celebration AND birthday party for Kenyon all in one evening. Here are the pictures of all the fun:)
Grandma and Kenyon shaking up the eggs from the egg hunt.
Alison and Hayden filled those baskets to overflowing!!! The Easter bunny was very good to them:)


Then we had a the most beautiful ham dinner EVER! Anything I do not have to cook myself tastes wonderful.



Then Daddy helped the little man color his first Easter eggs.
Just a fun picture of Daddy being silly.....I love it!!!
Then there is me who had to use my hands to get the job done the way I wanted it. It took a day to get the coloring off my hands:) We each took home a dozen brightly colored eggs for sandwiches this week.

Next we got to have cake!!! Crazy enough, the Roberts' family does not have the tradition of letting the baby dig into a cake on their 1st birthday (or any birthday, I guess)...so this was a first for Jeremy's family and we all laughed so hard and took about a million pictures and videotaped it. Jeremy was going nuts with the camera:) I am not sure they will carry on the tradition, but I think they at least enjoyed this one with Kenyon. I think he is just the cutest, most wonderful baby in the whole world and just couldn't be prouder:)



Finally we cleaned the little man up and put him in his Easter outfit and he snuggled with his new monkey. It ended up being one the the most enjoyable evenings I have ever had. I can't thank Grandma and Grandpa enough for getting the family together and having a beautiful Easter celebration.

SUNDAY: So special! Sacrament of course was amazing but Jeremy's lesson in Primary really touched my heart. He is such a wonderful teacher! Those kids just love him and, by golly, do they know the Easter Story, how much their Savior loves them, and also how to say "re-sur-rec-tion" and what it means. Then... I love singing time and the Spirit is brings when the children bear their testimony by song. We may be the nerdiest teachers in Primary, but Jeremy and I just love to sing out real loud as well. Easter Sunday ended peacefully and with great thanks to Jesus for His sacrifice, His love for us and in the end, His Resurrection...giving us all the hope we need to make it through any trail because He did not fail us and we will live again.

1 comment:

Emilee Porter said...

Happy Birthday Kenyon! Wow, I can't believe that he is already a year. So fun that you guys let him dig into the cake. We have that tradition in our family also and I think it is great!