She spent the week before she entered the MTC in Montana babysitting 8 grandchildren. First, she finds out Sunday night that my little brother who was going to drive her up to Provo has a midterm on Monday and can not take her. Thank heaven James is the best back-up pitcher ever and was able to drive her up today. So she flew home Sunday night and her flight got delayed 3 hours...arriving in St. George at 5am Monday morning...I can not even believe I am writing this:) Maybe I need some sleep too:) She was suppose to leave St. George at 6am to get to the MTC by 10am but she fell asleep and didn't wake up until 6:30am, I think (some of the details vary by the person you hear them from). She hurries and drives over to James' house and her tires on her car are so low on pressure James was worried about the rims, lol. Again...thank you James for filling her tires up:) They finally get away from St. George about 8am this morning and made great timing to the grassy area across from the MTC, in front of the temple. Here Anna, Jennifer, and I met her to have a little picnic in 35 degree weather, not to mention the wind...I love it!!! We ate peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and laughed and Mom cried. Not sure why: no sleep, leaving for 18 months, thankful heart, etc. I don't blame her one bit and I love her so much!!! I think after all the pictures and hugs she finally entered the MTC about 1:30 pm, but the MTC doesn't really care when senior missionaries arrive. I am not sure if they even care when the regular missionaries arrive either, but it is fun to do the whole meeting thing.
Do you love the fact that James is in about every pictures helping out all the families? He was the best companion for Mom today:) Kenyon decided to have a random freak out when we took our picture, still don't know what was wrong. Sorry about the crazy eyes in your family picture, Anna:) I need sleep:):):)
Then we (I) had to take pictures of all the children in traditional Japanese super cheezy-ville. Anna doesn't quite get it yet that you must smile as big as possible until your cheeks puff up and your eyes are forced to squint. James did the best with his peace sign (pronounced"P - su"). I love my family and you all make me laugh so hard. Love, love, love you!

3 comments:
So glad that you came tonight! IT was so fun to see you. I can't believe that your mom has already left. I remember when she got her mission call. Your pictures are so cute and your family looks so close. Isn't family the best thing in the whole world. I bet your mom loved that you were all there!
Thank you Amy for documenting the misery... Only one funny to add. Just as we were packing up, Mom got out her papers to tell us her address. She set them down on a car to help with children and WHOOSH away they went in the wind. Some got caught in the trees. James shook them out. The rest headed straight up the mountain to the temple. It was comic watching Anna and Rob chase after them and then stand under them; waiting on the temple lawn until the wind gave up and dropped them. Luckily we got them all back, but it was certainly another heart fluttering moment.
These pictures are so sweet, Amy. It's so cool you're mom is serving a mission!
Post a Comment