Thursday, June 12, 2008

Trip to St. George

Kenyon and I got to fly down to St. George last Friday for the weekend. Kenyon is not a great sit in the car for hours kind of baby so it is worth it to entertain him full-time for an hour than listen to him cry for 4-6 hour while we drive down to St. George. He did well on the plane, not too many screams and we actually had an extra seat on both the flights to and from St. George so he could play on the extra seat. The snacks were not as good this time down, but we brought our own so it was OK:)

Friday afternoon we got together with all the cousins and went to a splash pad on Main Street. It was so fun and I would recommend it to anyone visiting St. George. It helps to have a little one to play with so you don't look like an adult just playing with little kids. Appearances. I really didn't even have to be mommy at all because i have the greatest nieces in the world who keep an eye on Kenyon and kept him out of trouble. We had James, Jeff, and Anna's family all there and I at least had a great time
Then Saturday Anna and I took our little boys to the City Pool. They had a good time, but even the baby pool was a little deep. They are just at the right age where they can walk in the water, but when they fall down they can't get back up....scary.



That night was Savannah's baptism. She is the tallest girl that got baptized and she also was the best singer during the musical number. I am very proud of her for her dedication and decision to follow Jesus' example and be baptized. I was also very proud of my family who without hesitation stepped up to help be witnesses and confirm another little girl who did not have any Priesthood holders to help with her baptism and confirmation. When the all the men took part in her confirmation, I felt the Spirit so strongly and the love the Heavenly Father had for that little girl. Absolutely amazing.

Only two of my sibling couldn't make it, plus of course my MOM, but here is a little shot of those who could attend.

Sunday was Lilly's blessing. We were a little late and missed the actual blessing, but I got to hold her and snuggle afterwards, which is really the best. She is so beautiful and has tons of hair:)

Monday Kenyon and I hit the splash pad again and had a ton of fun. Plus the water and the heat just wear him out. He took a great nap that lasted until we left for the airport and came home to Jeremy and Porter who were so excited to see us. We are so loved and blessed. Good to be home.


1 comment:

Brad and Kaci said...

Hey Guys!!! How are you guys doing? Your little boy is so dang cute. Congrats on number two coming. I am so glad I found you, now I can keep up on how your doing. Hope you don't mind!