Yes... that is what it is with our little Porter. When I came back from St. George I noticed that our puppy looked a little heavy. Maybe it was because I hadn't seen him for a week and have just grown accustom to his size, or maybe a week without walks and pizza for dinner with Jeremy. I am not sure which it is, but I have set a goal to get him back into his svelte self.
So yesterday we went to the dog park to let the little dog run his brains out. It was the best time ever!!! Porter took care of himself, except for the continual desire to play fetch which required me (my shoulder is so sore today) and anyone else who took pity on him when I wouldn't/couldn't throw the ball. Kenyon took to crawling around the park. (No worries MOMS I sanitized him when we got home.) There were a couple little puppies at the park that where just Kenyon's size: A tiny, tiny boston terrier/pug mix was so cute and lap size for Kenyon, and a ridge back puppy that could just keep up with Kenyon and would wrestle with him a little. The ridge back was the most mellow puppy I have ever seen and was content just to stay by Kenyon, sit with him, lick him, and jump on him when Kenyon would crawl away. Kenyon definitely held his own though and I keep making sure the owners were not worried my baby was hurting their puppy. I wanted to get pictures, but those two where moving and I was also trying to keep Kenyon from putting too much dirt and rocks in his mouth:) So fun!!!!
Plus the weather has been so nice lately that we have been able to go for walks everyday. On Wednesday we met a friend down the street who has vizslas too (my puppy is way cuter than his). He hunts with his two dogs and really wants to take Porter out and see how he does. I know Porter would just LOVE to get out in the field with the birds, but Jeremy is against hunting and letting someone take our dog. Let me know is you have any suggestions on changing a husband's mind on this matter or for any other matter at that:)
We used our walk today to do visiting teaching on the last day of the month. Probably needless to say it was just a drop off of treats, cards and a printed message from the ENSIGN. At least I did something right? I will be better next month. GO VISITING TEACHING...RA RA RA!!!!
June Mojo Madness Winners
9 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment