I took a little vacation to St. George and really don't know where to start. How about some pictures?


We headed for the airport on Valentines day. This was crazy because the night before was that terrible storm with the 57mph winds. Our power went out about 4
pmish and then finally came back on at 12:17am. Jeremy was so cute that night! As soon as the power went out, we broke out all our smelly
candles(and they are not a few) and burned them all:) Our house smelled fantastic!!! As the night wore on Jeremy was getting concerned that we were going to starve and headed out to find some food. He was back within minutes; the roads and wind were impossible to drive in. He attempted again a little later and was successful in hunting down a Carl's Jr and brought the family home a couple bags of sandwiches... just in case.
SOOO then it took us a little longer the next morning to get to the airport than normal, but thank heaven for Gold Medallion status...I was to my gate in an easy 20 minutes. This is Kenyon in his
stroller waiting for our flight that got delayed an hour:)

The small airplane that took us to St. George. I know riding in a loud, warm, bumpy plane with only gingersnap cookies doesn't sound like most ideal flights, but when your little baby has been up for 5 hours straight...it was heaven sent. Kenyon literally passed out about half way through the 60 minute flight he was so tired.

My little brother, Adam, and his wife, Natalie, took us to the St. George Parade of Homes. The homes were absolutely incredible!!! I had a hard time even wrapping my head around the idea of having a house that big. Adam had no problem with it at all and tried to convince me you needed 10-15,000 square feet to raise your children:) We saw some smaller homes as well that were just as beautiful and seemed a little more attainable than the mansions we saw the first day. BUT...the thing that I am most proud to report is that two of my other brothers, James and Jeff (the twins) both had houses in the Parade. James did the frame work on a house in
Ivins that got rave reviews and Jeff did the engineering for a house in Stone Cliff which was
super modern/contemporary. Great job James and Jeff!!!

Here is Kenyon helping(?) me pack. He has become such a climber:) (I will put in some pictures a little later of his latest conquest. ) I also got to celebrate my birthday in St. George with the
fam...we had cake on Monday night and then went out to dinner on Tuesday. It was a very low key vacation but accomplished what I wanted most...to get out of the snow and warm up. We went for long walks everyday, most of them at the college track so Adam could get fitness center credit. OK... so I wanted to see my mom before she left on her mission too. We actually got to do a lot of prep work for her mission. We shopped, did errands, shopped, mailed in Rx, shopped, and packed a little. Her farewell on Sunday was very uplifting and James, Jeff and Adam sang a beautiful hymn with Lisa playing the piano arrangement. I am sure I am forgetting something terribly fun that we did, but mostly we sat around the table as a family and talked a lot and talked very late into the night. Normal Loris family tradition.
1 comment:
I didn't know it was your Birthday! What day? I'm sorry - bad friend, Happy Birthday!
I'm so glad to hear that your mom's farewell went well! Looks like you had a great time.
Post a Comment