Monday, January 18, 2010

Sledding!

A few weeks ago Jeremy and I took the boys sledding for the first time. This may have also been my first time sledding. Maybe I have gone tubing before....but I don't remember. Anyway...we had a blast!!!
Jeremy and Kenyon were sledding partners. Kenyon was so excited (shocker) and went up the hill again and again. He was very determined to make it to the top and dragged his Daddy with him. This place is right by our house, perfect. It is the hill behind the elementary school just up the road from us:) I never knew it was there. Thank you Liz for cluing me in.
I have to tell this story. Jeremy and Kenyon were headed down the hill on a nice smooth course, when they started to drift towards the jumps, bumps, ramps, whatever they are called. I about fainted and every thing went into slow motion. They Faaa-L-E-W off this jump. The sled was airborne, Jeremy and Kenyon flew off the sled, and I just knew someone was dead. And then...Jeremy held onto Kenyon and they landed back on the sled!!!! and slid to safety!!! Freaking out! They were totally safe. OK let's be honest: Jeremy's back and hip were quite sore that night and the next day, but overall...amazing...seriously so blessed (say with a valley girl lisp).


Bos and I took many trips down the hill and nobody wanted to go home when it started to get dark.
When we got home, Liz and Brian had their boys in the backyard sledding and we tried it a few time. Who knew in my own backyard I could go sledding? So we have gone sledding a few time in the backyard. The big problem is if you get going too fast, you could fly into the street...DANGER! So we try and be safe. Kenyon can go down by himself and has only made it to the street one time, but Bos and I really pick up speed so I have learned to dig my heels in. Yay snow! Never thought that would come out of my mouth:)

4 comments:

Lisa said...

This is one of my boys' favorite things too. The snow from Christmas has melted, and Brian constantly wants more snow to fall!

Burton Gang said...

So Cute!! Looks like everyone had a blast!! Sledding can make the winter a little better!! Too bad we dont have enough for sledding anymore.

Kelli and Kade said...

How fun! It sounds like you had a blast! Enjoy that snow for us too!

Phyllis said...

What happened to the moving to Las Vegas post ????