Tuesday, January 5, 2010

1st Time at the PlayPlace

Can you believe I have never taken my kids to the McDonald's Play Place? What kind of mom am I? We have been to a Carl's Jr. place once? twice? before with Grandma, but never McDonald's. This was right after Christmas and it had been snowing for days...ugh. I was tired of being in the house and the boys were worse. I had to run to the store to pick up a shoe Kenyon had kicked off and lost in the store on Christmas Eve. So on the way home I saw good old McDonald's and decided to drop in. SO MUCH FUN!!!
Kenyon actually didn't eat anything. He just dropped by occasionally to get a sip of apple juice and a french fry. Boston though...he can put handle himself with a box of chicken nuggets.
Do you love their Happy "HOWL"idays T-shirts from Grandma?
This is where Boston parked himself for most of the time and he NEVER went down the slide. People just pushed passed and stepped right over him and he didn't mind at all.
Kenyon went bananas! I got some cute video of him and then there was this cute little girl. She started with Boston and was being a big sister with him: pulling him around, picking him up, you know the big sister taking charge of things. Boston didn't mind. He probably is use to being toted and bumped along. Well, the little girl's mom told her to stop (good lesson, but she really was just fine) and she spotted Kenyon. Those two held hands for about half an hour! Kenyon ran after her, she ran after Kenyon. They were just the perfect size and energy level for each other. Kenyon is such a sweetheart too. If you hold his hand he is yours!
After about 90 minutes it was time to get home and go to bed, but they had so much fun and it was a blast to see them playing so well together and with other kids. It's moments like this when I think,"It's not so bad having kids close together." Then I remember my weaknesses and thank heaven there is not another one yet:)

3 comments:

Ashley said...

That place if fun. I have taken Chase there once. He just got ran over too! We should do something with our kids sometime!

Chris and Cami Taylor said...

I never have taken my girls to a play place either. What a good idea when it is too cold outside to play!

Kelli and Kade said...

What a fun play place! It looks like they had a blast. I agree that it is very challenging having kids close together. Somedays I think I will go crazy, but then I remember that I'm already done having them and two are already through being 2 years old, only two more to go. I'm hoping our boy is easier in the 2-3 age range than our girls have been. I guess we will see.