Monday, January 5, 2009

Trip to St. George

As I have mentioned before, I got to take my Mom to St. George for a few days. She got to spend tons of time with James and got to watch almost all of his therapy sessions (I'm jealous) but I got to be with all the cousins. Jon drove his four little ones to St. George from Montana (not jealous) and we played for two days. Thank heaven for cousins and little boys. Jon's kids taught Kenyon more stuff in two days than I can teach him in weeks. Kids pick up skills much faster when they see other kids doing it. For better or worse, but mostly for better.
Jack brought his skateboard ("It's really a banana board Aunt Amy."says Jack), banana board...I stand corrected...and helped Kenyon get the hang of it.
Oh yeah... Kenyon got the hang of it, or more appropriately, the hold of it.
I am so proud of this picture because I taught Kenyon how to climb the ladder for this slide. It took him three times with a spot and then he was as sure footed as a mountain goat. Kenyon also learned to teeter-tauter, swing on a big boy swing, and hang from some bar (I don't know what it is called, but mostly you hang on it and swing with your arms). Kenyon would hang for a minute and then start laughing, and then fall. We did this over and over and over again.Tell me this is not the cutest playhouse you have ever seen? James orchestrated the build, but I think a lot of people helped to build it. The kids played in the house for hours. You can see here also that Kenyon has borrowed a Christmas toy car. I liked this car because it would play "Rockin' Robin" and we could all jitter bug along. Mostly it was me lifting and pulling the kids around, waving our arms and legs, but that's my kind of dancing.

Again...Jack teaching Kenyon about the finer things in life. I love it!!!
I had to get a picture of Mom with the kidlettes. She was wranglin' them in for the picture and this was the best shot. Poor Boston. Can you see why I didn't spend much time at the rehab center? Kenyon takes three hands all by himself.
Tuesday we invaded Lisa's house and four families got together to take silly photos of our kids. Great photo, but of course my child is the only one not looking at me.
I believe in boys being boys and I can't thank all the cousins enough for wresting with Kenyon, hugging him(?), and overall watching out for him and keeping him happy and safe. We have the best cousins in the world!

2 comments:

Rethsey said...

Amy,
It's scary how much Kenyon looks just like Jeremy. It's so wonderful that you were able to see you mom! Keep up the post!
XOXO

Driel said...

You do have the best cousins in the world;-) James's playhouse is awesome. I love the picture of Susan wrangling the kids. Family is so much fun. I am glad your mom got to come home to be with James.