Friday, April 18th, Jeremy, Kenyon and I went looking for camping trailers. We started out thinking of just getting an enclosed trailer for extra strorage, but then we saw that tent trailers where not much more so we started looking at them. Then I made the point that I didn't care about any of the niceties of a tent trailer if it didn't have a shower and toilet which lead us to look at the bigger trailers. So now we are looking at travel trailers.
When we got home from window shopping we where pretty tired and dirty so Jeremy jumped into the shower and I dumped the baby into the bathtub. As I got Kenyon out of the tub I heard the ice cream man in the distance. I nomally don't noice because we never have cash around the house because we always use our cards, but just the day before we had some cash for something, so I yelled at Jeremy to follow the truck. He of course was already on the cell phone with an improtant call, but he rushed out the door anyway with cell phone in hand. I strapped a diaper on the baby and grabbed some pajamas and we head out the door baby naked and all:) We caught up with Jeremy on the corner where we lost the sound of the truck but headed in the directions we thought it had gone. We could hear the truck and then not, then pick up the sound again and then loose it. I was so silly just running down the streets trying to hear the ice cream truck. Finally we spotted him and I made my last final dash. Now...if I knew my neighborhood a little better, I would have known he was headed into a circle and would not have arrived at the truck red faced and winded, but I didn't know he would have to turn around and head back our direction:) I must have looked a sight because the driver apoligized for not seeing me sooner and was so nice to give me an ice cream while we walked back to Jeremy with the money. We diffinately made the ice cream man's day by getting 6 ice creams. We walked back to the house slowly, ate our ice cream, talked to a few neighbors, and before we went into the house...guess what...the ice cream man drove right by our house. We just smiled and waved. As crazy as it sounds, we had the best time running around with our bare feet and pulling pajamas on the baby as we went just to get some overpriced ice cream:) Such a good memory for our family!!!
June Mojo Madness Winners
9 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment