I think when things are going well and the sunshine is out I don't really sit down to write what is going on. Which is probably bad because this is when we do the most stuff. SO I will try to keep a little record of the past couple weeks:)
April 12Th
Card exchange group: I got to meet with my ladies and see how everyone is doing. May is our last month before we take off for the summer so I want to make a really cute card. My April card turned out well but I spent way to much time looking for just the right clip to go on the card and then never even found the "mini bulldog" clip. oh well.....the "mini binder" clip looked good too:)
This Saturday we also got to start working on our yard. The lawn was planted in July 2007, I think, and then never got cut that I know of. When we moved in the lawn was like 2 feet high and the snow did not help at all:) So we cut it. Jeremy started the work, but then I sent him to get supplies and I finished. He told me how to work the lawn mower, but I must have missed the part about the self-propelled function because I just manually pushed that mower up the hill on the side of our house. I had bruises on my hands and I think I reinjured my knee. When Jeremy got home and showed me the how to do the self-propelled I was more than pissed. BUT BUT BUT as I went over the lawn for the second time I started to see the blessing it was that I didn't use the self-propel thing. The lawn mower, even on the second time around moved faster than the machine could put the clippings in the bag. By mowing the lawn manually, I went slow enough that all the clippings went into the bag and I didn't have to rake or pick up any clippings off the lawn...BLESSING. I did however fill up two super trash cans with all the mulch:) The grass is beautiful and so pleasant to play on:) All the neighbors also had to stop by as I was mowing and let me know I was doing a good job on the two feet of grass. I don't think one car drove by without a comment to me:) Thanks neighbors.
Kenyon and I finished up the weeding throughout the week and we both got a little sun kissed while we played outside. Jeremy and I want to do a garden in the back and shrubs and trees on the side. I think that we have a few more weeks before we can plant, but we are both getting so excited about tomatoes and squash and getting our hands in the dirt. I love being outside.
June Mojo Madness Winners
9 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment