This is just a record keeping post so I don't forget a few things.
Kenyon is walking...almost running around the house now. He can stand up on his own. He can go down the stairs by himself. Still a little wobbly because he goes down forward by sliding his bottom down the stairs and steadying himself with the wall. This is dangerous too because the downstairs is not Kenyon proof like the upstairs is. There is potpourri down there and dog food and dog water...so many interesting things to put in ones mouth:) Yuck!
He has two teeth on the bottom and four teeth on the top. They are small, but there.
His hair is growing well and probably needs a trim in the back.
He loves to talk on the phone.
He loves animals, especially the fluffy dogs that will snuggle with him.
He is also a sucker for soft stuff: blankets, animals, pillows, etc.
He is still taking two naps a day. Normally he will go down for a 2-3 hour nap in the morning around 9 or 10 and then an hour to 2 hour nap in the afternoon about 2-3pm. He still goes to bed at 6pm but is getting up a little earlier at 7:30, unless he is really tired and then will sleep til 8am...so nice:)
I can't feed him enough. He is too distracted and busy to really sit and eat well. I am trying to find high fat, nutritious foods to get into him. He looks healthy to me, but I know he is low on the weight scale for his age and height. Nice round tummy and legs though:) Porter loves food time too because Kenyon likes to share his food with the dog and tosses the puppy snacks while he is eating. I try and discourage this, but sometimes it is just so cute to watch.
He loves to be outside and definitely gets a daily dose of dirt in his diet. Kenyon is convinced the street and gutter is the funnest place to play so I really have to stay close. We also like to play catch. He is getting pretty good at throwing, for a 1 year old, and plays with the dog and the ball at the park. They are still working on the fetch thing together...Mommy usually has to help get the ball to the baby from the dog. I don't think Porter quite believes that the baby will actually throw the ball for him and he is right. Kenyon will run around for a few minutes with the ball before he throws it unless I am there to tell him to throw it.
What else????? Oh...Kenyon likes to dance to barn yard music from his toys. Very cute!
AND he has learned to do Patty Cake, Way High, and give high fives....kind of...again this is a 1 year old version of all these things.
That's all I can think of now but that should help with his history.
June Mojo Madness Winners
9 years ago

1 comment:
I can't believe how fast he is growing up!! I pray that my babies take two naps a day and sleep like Kenyon does! And love the daily dose of dirt. I am babysitting Boston today - and believe it or not - he's already eaten dirt at my house today!
Post a Comment