Sunday, December 20, 2009

No Pics, Just Journaling

No pics because I am terrible at grabbing the camera. Not that there has been a lack of things to take pictures of. Most of this entry is to document the crazy stuff that has gone on the past few days that should have pictures to go along with them.

Thursday Evening. I took Boston downstairs to get him a bottle for bed and in the 2 minutes (?) it took me, Kenyon had pulled at least 3-4 balls off the Christmas tree and threw them at the TV (don't worry its an old, heavy, glass kind of TV). So the TV was not hurt, but there was shattered ornaments all over the place including Daddy's special Chicago Bulls ornament he has had since he was 13yo. No, I did not kill my little boy or even beat him very badly (J/K:)), but I did put him in his bed (mostly for safety reasons) and he screamed like I had pulled his toe nails out. I obviously did not make the punishment severe enough, because guess what, he did it again today!!! He only got two ornaments this time. What am I going to do with the boy? Next year....shatter-proof ornaments.

Thursday night...BUNCO!!! I did OK..nothing amazing and came home with some really cute and fun wrapping paper and bags for the holidays.

Friday: We borrowed the Burton's infant sled and hooked it up to Porter...oh I do have an old picture from last year when we tried this!!!

I thought Porter would love to pull those boys around for hours, WRONG! I worked with Porter and pulled most of the time trying to get him used to the harness and everything, but after a couple time up and down the hill Porter was done, cooked, finished. I let him out of his harness and pulled the boys myself....hamstrings burning, body hurting, oh ya. (Don't feel bad for me though because I had cinnamon rolls for breakfast and cookies for a mid morning snack:)) Oh, Oh, Oh...the cutest thing though was when Kenyon and Boston traded places and I started to pull Boston, Kenyon grabbed the rope and pulled with me. So sweet!!! What a good big brother. Then when I could not pull the sled any longer Boston stared to cry (hungry/tired) so we started to to inside, but not Kenyon. Kenyon bolted down the street....boy that kid is FAST! I finally caught him and I did my famous carry-two-crying-big-babies-at-the-same-time act for all the neighbors to enjoy:) The good part was that I actually got Porter inside before I ran after Kenyon so I didn't have to do my famous carry-two-crying-big-babies-at-the-same-time-and-yell-at-the-top-of-my-lungs-for-my-disobedient-dog act. Nice.

Friday night: Had a great time with our neighbors Zach and Irene. It was Zach's birthday and we had some delicious pizza from Sweet Home Chicago Pizza (first time and I highly recommend it, especially if you like to be a bit adventurous with your pizza) and played games. So fun!

Saturday: This is where it gets really good. I took Jeremy to work in the morning...yes my husbands works like every Saturday, heck he works like 80 hours a week..love you honey....and then did a few errands and got home in time for Boston's nap. When he got up I loaded the kids in the car and headed out to deliver neighborhood gifts. Guess what....my tire was flat! In two hours my tire went from fine (well relatively) to no air, nothing. Thank heaven I have great neighbors and Jimmy drove by and offered to help. God Bless HIM! He found a jack, got the spare, cranked up the car, and even got 4 of the 5 bolts off the tire. Anyway the fifth bolt was really stuck and I had to call the tire shop down the road. They came out, got the bolt off and then could not get the tire off. The guy (Blake) had to drive back to his shop to get like a sledge hammer and another guy to get the tire off. So embarrassing. But then he did the nicest thing. He did not charge me a cent to come out to my house and change my ridiculously-hard-to-change tire. Zilch. Nada. Merry Christmas. Of course he will get all my business now. Anyway...3 hours later...I had the boys back in the car and we went to deliver gifts and pick up Jeremy.

Saturday afternoon/evening: Jeremy and I did a little Christmas shopping. We started out trying to be super sneaky since the boys were with us, but it was clear they had no idea what was going on so we dropped the charade and talked openly and just put the toys in our cart. (Side note: All the gifts I got for Christmas were dubbed "Not Fun" my the Daddy-kins. I am concerned about Kenyon learning to read so I got educational toys, but fun never the less. When Jeremy saw what I got he set up this shopping adventure to get "Fun" toys for the boys. Good thing these boys have a daddy because they would never have any "fun" toys if Mommy only controlled thier playtime. It's true though...the toys Jeremy got will have the boys FREAKING out, which was the goal according to Jeremy. Plus any kind of play teaches new skills.)

Anyway....

we headed over to Sweet Home Chicago Pizza for the Roberts' family Christmas Dinner/ Justin's birthday party. (Crazy that I had SHCP two nights in a row by chance.) The boys looked darling in their twinner "Happy Howlidays" T-shirts, definitely picture worthy. And we finished the night with ice cream...Yum. Merry Christmas!!!!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Amy! How great to see you and your cute family. You and I should get together sometime- we could swap 'horror' stories about having two crazy boys!!! It is great to have these blogs to help us catch up. Take care!

Bryn said...

Hey! I found your blog!!! I need to put you on my list now, anyway, I'm so glad that you liked the pictures, your boys are just too adorable and thanks for the shout out on your blog!!!