Kenyon and his cousin Isaac have really close birthdays so Jen and I have a combined family party for them each year. Here are the pics in a really bad order, but I can't figure out how to move them around tonight.

Boston getting in on the cake action. He MUST sit in a big chair. Thus he falls a lot. Poor guy always has a bruise somewhere. But..he is very tough and is very good at falling. Lets face it...not all kids are. Boston can get up from a fall that would have put weaker kids in the hospital. He is a tank!

Isaac (Jen's youngest), Abigail (Jen's oldest), Kenyon and Chance (Anna's oldest: she is having another boy in June! Her third!) Enjoying Jennifer's amazing cake. Abigail was born on Dr. Seuss' birthday so she had a Seuss themed party a few days before this.

Smiling for the camera! Kenyon is finally figuring out how to smile AT the camera and even says "cheese". Not sure who taught him that...probably the TV or nursery. I can thank both of these things for Kenyon's education.

I think this is the first year Kenyon really "gets" a birthday. OK he doesn't really get it, but at least he knows how to blow out his candles:) Again thanks to the TV. Jeremy and I don't make a HUGE deal out of events and I don't really prep my kids for things. You know..I don't want them to demand present or have selfish expectations, but I am seeing the advantages of building up holidays, birthdays, etc so they know what is appropriate behavior.

Jennifer makes these awesome cakes. We like to call them "
HOHO on Steroids". Chocolate cake layered with whipped cream again and again with chocolate fudge generously poured over the top...it is heart stopping...literally one day it may kill me:)
Kenyon got some wonderful books and a Little Einstein ball which was a BIG hit. Love my family!!!
2 comments:
Welcome back. I've missed your posts!
Just came across your blog today :) I love this way of staying in touch and up to date with everyone!!
Wishing you guys a Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!
Post a Comment