Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Happy Birthday Kenyon!!! March 23rd

We had a little family get together with Grandma and a few cousins for Kenyon's 2ND Birthday. Kenyon kind-of got it...kind-of?...maybe?...anyway he didn't complain that he had friends, presents, soda, pizza and cupcakes for a day. I am still working on helping him hold up two fingers when I ask him how old he is:)Kenyon picked out "Coconut Supreme" cake mix for his birthday cupcakes. He also helped bake them by putting in the water, oil and lining the pan with cupcake papers. I was so proud.
Alison and Hayden got him a cute frog swimming pool for the summer because we like to go swimming everyday we can. Even last summer when I was super prego. The neighbors laugh or scowl I am sure(no fence yet), but it doesn't bother me enough to stop:) Vitamin D, baby!!!

Grandma and Grandpa Roberts (with the help of Aunt Jaime) got Kenyon a new summer wardrobe. Thank you...I love the clothes they pick out! (Have you ever noticed that Kenyon is always in this shirt when I take pictures? Weird. You would think it was his only shirt. Maybe that shirt and the camera are linked in my brain so I remember to pull the camera out when I see that shirt?) Back to Kenyon...after dinner and presents the kids went downstairs to play a little basketball on Kenyon's new hoop from Mom and Dad. I also have to mention the great gifts he got from his cousins in St. George. They got him sidewalk chalk and a Frisbee. Those presents have provided hours of entertainment!

We love you Kenyon!!! You are a joy in this family! I feel like I ought to do a little remembrance, gratitude part for my special son. I just don't think I can do it justice. Kenyon is the most remarkable young man. He is such a handsome, happy, funny, active, curious, FAST, loving, kissy big brother, real boy who plays, gets dirty, hurt, gives high-fives and rocks, and keeps going and going kind of boy. (AND takes exceptional naps and sleeps great even when his roommate/ baby brother Boston is crying!!! ) I can't help but be happy around him even when he is clearly being naughty. He gets that from his Dad:) and his Dad gets away with it too:) I don't know how to express all the wonderful things I feel about Kenyon and how incredible he has made my life. And it just keeps getting better.

No comments: