I personally have not needed my blog to be private, but this is a personal post to thank my Heavenly Father for all the blessings He gives us and how closely He watches over us. No pictures or anything funny, just my testimony that my Heavenly Father loves His children and that miracle have not ceased.
A week ago tomorrow, my older brother James in St. George was in a terrible accident and shattered his vertebrae, C6. Here are the miracles I can see.
1. He didn't die.
2. He was with priesthood holders who where able to give him a blessing immediately to help him.
3. Cell phones. They were in the middle of the desert.
4. Helicopters
5. The weather was bad in Salt Lake, and something else kept him from being transported to Las Vegas so James ended up in Flagstaff AZ where the two normal neurosurgeons (who are great I am sure) were both on vacation. The man covering for them is Dr. Jack H. Dunn from Tucson and (according to my dad) is one of the top ten neurosurgeons in the US.
6. I am just going to lump all of medical technology, information, etc into one miracle because I could go on and on. Think about it: IVs, surgical equipment, anatomy, computers. We are truly blessed to live in this day of advanced medicine.
7. Just hours after his surgery to fuse his vertebrae (C5,6,7) and putting on the halo, James was able to move his arm. We were all thankful he didn't die and now there is a chance he might not be completely paralyzed. This injury normally leaves the person a quadriplegic and are in the hospital for months.
24 hours later, James was moving his toes.
48 hours later he was able to hold his 6 months old daughter.
Now maybe he will never walk again, but he is getting better and better everyday and I am really hopeful. At least that is what I am prayer for. James now has strength in both his arms and can push and pull. He can flex his gluts, and I just found out today that he can flex his quads too. I guess the therapist where able to help him stand up. I am sure recovery is going to be long and hard on him and his family, but all the nurses and staff have never seen someone recover from this injury before so well and quickly. Miracles. I know Heavenly Father is hearing and answering so many prayers.
8. Dr Booth. James and Jeff where the first twins Dr. Booth delivered and how amazing is it now that he is in charge of a rehab facility in St. George and thinks James is a great candidate to get into that facility. Heavenly Father knows. He just does. He has good men here doing the work of angels. Elder Hollands talk from Conference has even more meaning for me now.
There are so many miracles to be thankful for and I am more blessed than I should be. More blessed than I ask to be. This truly is my testimony of a merciful and kind God.
June Mojo Madness Winners
9 years ago

6 comments:
NO WAY!!! Amy, this is amazing. I'm so glad James is doing better each day. You're right, this is a miracle and there is just so much to learn from this, ALL of us reading it!! His family will be in our prayers.
Your poor brothers, Amy!! I'm pretty sure now, I remember each and everyone of them having something pretty serious occur to them, and here they all are, alive and well and walking miracles.
I love you and hope you have a great Christmas!!!
Give my love to all of your family, I think the world of each and every Loris person out there.
I'm so sorry to hear about the accident. I am so glad to hear that James is doing so well. All of your family are fighters and will persevere. I hope the rehab continues to go well and he can maybe even walk again!
We will keep James in our prayers as well. Ditto what Tammy said. Your family is full of miracles. Your faith is amazing.
Amy I am so sorry to hear about the accident, but so grateful that things aren't worse. Heavenly Father really does watch over us and send earthly angels to watch over and protect us. James is a perfect example of that. He will be in our prayers. Please let me know if you need anything!
How fun to see you darling! I'm so sorry to hear about James, but how wonderful that it wasn't worse. I'll be thinking of you and your family. It looks like you're doing so well and for that I'm glad. I'm happy to have a way to keep in touch. Take care.
Thank you for sharing your testimony. You made me cry. Your family is so amazing! We are so blessed. I am so glad James is doing so well. I bet he is such a light to others!
Post a Comment